Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy 5 Months!


Well, today is a big day for The Frog. He is now 5 months old! I can't believe it! To celebrate, he got carrots for lunch, and he LOVED them, despite my mishap cooking them up. I was using one of those little space-ship veggie steamers, but since carrots are so hard, the amount of water I put in the pot, wasn't enough to fully cook the carrots, and I had a little burning of the pan incident. So for all you other baby-food makers out there, beware of this. Or just use the microwave.

Also beware of the staining qualities of carrot puree, who knew?

We've also started having The Frog sit in his high chair with us while we eat dinner, just so he can get used to having dinner with the fam. He is completely fascinated by watching us eat, and I only wish I could tap into his thoughts. Is it "what are they doing?" or something more like "where does that go?" or maybe "I want some!" It's hard to tell... but I say taunt him with as much food as possible now, in hopes of creating a non-picky eater later. Let him savor every veggie that comes his way, even if it's not because he likes it, but because he's proud to be given the privilege of finally tasting it.


This shot is so cute. The Frog looks like he just woke up with his hair all messy like that. I love that he has enough hair to look messy :)

No comments: