Sunday, April 18, 2010

DC Trip!

The Frog and I flew to visit my little sister's family for a quick trip last week. My camera was checked in our bag (which didn't make it onto our flight during our Chicago layover) so I didn't get any airplane shots, or any pictures until our bag showed up the next afternoon. (Thank goodness she had maternity clothes for me to wear!) We nearly cancelled the trip because The Frog got REALLY sick the Friday before we were supposed to leave, and I was worried about getting little cousin A sick. After much discussion, and noticing how quickly The Frog revived, we decided to go ahead with it anyway. Sadly, The Frog's virus took hold of me the morning of our flight, and it put a bit of a damper on our sightseeing. Luckily, The Frog didn't know what he was missing, and in the end, I think it ended up making the trip more relaxing.
Here's The Frog and little A, hanging out together in the bathroom. Cousin A has now mastered the art of the army crawl, and he's so good at it, I wonder if he'll ever attempt crawling any other way. He followed The Frog around, incessantly, despite The Frog's often brutal treatment. Little A was a good sport though, and seemed to hold no grudges.
When I pulled out the camera, Cousin A just perked right up and looked right at the lense, ready for his closeup!
Here we can see Cousin A chasing the broom The Frog was dragging around. It was so funny! Things like this make me excited to watch baby #2 and The Frog play together in the future :)
Despite my feeling fairly awful and a crazy car ride, we did get to the DC zoo, and I think both of our little men enjoyed it. A lot of the animals were pretty shy, but the meercats looked like they couldn't be happier posing for us.
The Frog was really excited to see a "pha" in person.
And here is one of The Frog's favorite animals- the mighty "Lie". Too bad it was so warm, I think they were too hot to move. Even so, I can see why he's been deemed the king of the jungle. He looked so majestic, even just lying around.
The zoo took a lot out of me, and so the next day, instead of heading off to the Smithsonian, we opted for playing on the playground at the apartment complex. I think the kiddos probably had more fun anyway :) Here's a great shot of Cousin A's two little in-mouth additions.
The Frog loves being able to get up on chairs by himself.
This was The Frogs favorite way to get up on top. I couldn't believe how easily he climbed up! Sadly, my camera battery died at the playground, so we managed a whole trip with no sister shots! Probably just as well... I think I looked as bad as I felt ;)

All in all, we had a great time, sickness and all. Hopefully my obsessive hand sanitizing saved the Fowles from getting sick too! Thanks for letting us crash there!

No comments: