Homeschooling is hard.
Being a mom of 3 little ones is hard, but also homeschooling just really puts the pressure on for me.
I feel like I get nothing done and most days we don't finish everything I wanted to get through with either The Frog or Peach.
Today, I decided to write down all the interruptions to remind me why I don't get everything done.
It really made me feel better.
- Hazel brings me a toy with peanut butter on it for me to clean off so she can play with it
- Hazel brings me a bag with an old, post-frozen strawberry in it, which I soon discover has been smeared on the play kitchen and Hazel's hand/arm
- time-outs and kindness lesson (which is actually 2 interruptions because they must be sent into time-out and then retrieved)
- Hazel has a broken ornament and is eating its pieces. (what the... why?!!)
- Hazel climbed on the play kitchen and couldn't get down
-removing the Legos from the shower so I can take a shower without stepping on Legos
- time - outs and kindness lesson
- Cleaning up the "snack" the kids made for themselves while I was in the shower which involves wiping the table, chairs, bench and sweeping the floor. again.
- Hazel thoroughly spreading the hay meant for baby Jesus's manger and also sampling it. (am I not feeding her enough or what?)
- kid-bum wiping (this one is an every day one. multiple times.)
- time-outs and kindness lesson
- Prepping the lasagna for the missionaries
- Furnace guy comes over to do a regular check-up on the furnace
- Landlord comes by to watch the furnace guy
- We decide to move our furniture around so that The Frog and Peach no longer have to share a room, in hopes of them getting a decent amount of sleep and being less cranky. ALL. THE. TIME.
and those are just the ones I remember...