Friday, September 14, 2018

Kid Conversation

I was cleaning out my bookshelf yesterday and found this written in an abandoned spiral notepad intended for writing my "personal history" (that I clearly never did....)  But here was my first entry from October 15, 2013.  (The Frog was just barely 5)

I love having kids that can now narrate their thoughts.  They often have the most interesting perspective.

I can't remember now what exactly was going on, but I think I was probably quizzing Jack on some simple addition.  He still used his fingers to solve these problems and had miscounted.  I probably indicated in some vague way, that he should maybe count again.  He was dead certain of his answer and so I showed him with my fingers the correct answer.  His reply was a moan, "Why are you always right?  I can't wait until I'm 6 and I know everything!"

No comments: