Monday, April 22, 2024

Welcome Baby McCarthy 7.0


 3-21-24

4:33 PM

7 lbs 3 oz

17.5” long 

“Sage”

I think Sage is running for the best baby ever award! So far she seems to have no day and night confusion and enjoys sleeping :-) her birth was also the best that could be helped for.

I think Sage is running for the best baby ever award! So far she seems to have no day and night confusion and enjoys sleeping :-) her birth was also the best that could be helped for.

I was really done with being pregnant. Because of my “advanced maternal age “ The doctors had encouraged me to be induced a week early than her due date which was March 25. I allowed them to induce me for Nute and it was my least favorite birth by far. Since all my check ups were looking very healthy. I decided to wait and see if I could come naturally, but scheduled an induction date for the day after her due date.  Thursday morning, early in the morning, I had a couple of contractions, strong enough to wake me up and hoped that was a sign, and indeed it was. I had very spread out contractions all morning, but not close enough together to be convinced of anything real happening. By noon they were about 15 minutes apart  And I began timing them. They hovered around 10 minutes apart for quite a while and then suddenly I had a really big contraction after playing a card game with peach and it felt serious. Contractions two minutes apart. I decided we should go to the hospital at about 345.  we picked up my mom from the senior center on the way and brought her home, then high tailed it to the hospital and got there a little after 4 o’clock. I got out of the car, which luckily was able to be parked in labor and delivery parking, and my first contraction out of the car broke my water. Phew!  Some nice lady gave me the wheelchair she was returning and we barged onto a closing elevator.  The check in lady said she thought that the contractions I was having meant the baby was close. I got to my room and changed into my gown and when they checked me, they said I was at 10 cm. I waited a couple more contractions and then,  third time’s the charm and sage came out in one gigantic karate push .  It was amazing! I feel my healing has been faster than any other, baby, which surprised me being number seven. I was a little worried my overly stretched out body wouldn’t be able to handle it :-) 

PS She measured surprisingly short when born, but at her 4 day appt she was 19", so I think it might have been wrong :|

She is completely adored by all of her siblings, and we just love having her in our family. 

No comments: