Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sleepless in Stanford

The oddest thing is happening right now... Never in a million years would a generally sleep deprived person like me think that something such as this could occur. For probably the last 9 years of my life, I have put social, school, church, hobbies, fun, family... all before sleep, which means my few hours of rest were greatly needed/appreciated and never overdone. Ever since last school year, I've tried to make it more of a priority, and perhaps, now, I have officially caught up to my sleep debt?

Somehow I doubt that it works that way... Anyway, it's kind of weird to be up at 5:30am, eating a piece of toast, alone in my dark apartment. I laid in bed for what felt like an eternity, trying to fall back asleep, and somehow I started thinking about people I haven't seen in a long time, and realizing how many of their last names I had forgotten. It's sad really... people who I saw every day (or every other day in the block schedule) of high school, and even now, I think I'll have to resort to facebook if I expect to remember the last name. One particular person, I couldn't even remember their first name, though it ends up being ironic that it matches the first name of the other person whose last name I cannot remember. Anyway, I'm sure you've all had the miserable experience of begin unable to recall something you know you know and how distracting that is. Perhaps this is why I can't sleep.

Anyway, I've decided to make the most of it and my stomach was growling anyway, so I thought maybe if I resolved the forgotten names and the hunger pains, perhaps I could reassume my previously comfy position. I've never been a night eater either, which leads me to my next discovery:
fridge lights are super bright when it's the first glimpse of light to enter your eyeballs in several hours.

Anyway, I just remembered the misplaced last name (yesssssssssssss), and my delicious toast is no longer in hand, so I'm off to join my cuddley furnace-man.

PS in three days, I'll be a Master! But who's counting?

2 comments:

Robins Nest said...

Wait until that baby actually comes. You think your brain is fried now. Just you wait sister!!!

Anonymous said...

well, congratulations! :)