Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Rest assured, friends, that my latest absence has been due to immense relaxation in uber-snowy Northern Mass with Jay's family. It's been most fabulous!! We've spent our days reading, watching movies, playing with li'l sis and numbing our minds with Wii games (and by the way, our 5-year old competitor kicks major booty at bowling) and I've even managed to squeeze in a little time to cook and work on my quilt that I started forever ago. Bliss!!

Knowing myself all too well, I thought it best to "personally" wish each of you a very Merry Christmas now, so that I don't forget (like I did on Thanksgiving) even though I have a hard time believing that our Savior was even born during this time of year. Funny that us Mormons seem to give in to all the hype and Pagan traditions, even though we believe Jesus was more likely to be born around Roman tax season-- April 6th-ish. However, you will never hear any complaints from me, I just love Christmas!

Thought it might be notable to mention some other major major historical events that just happen to have happened today- it is Joseph Smith's birthday and even more importantly it is Jay's half birthday! So I think between wanting to remember Christ's birth (though not at the right time of year) and these other two very important events, it is a great time to celebrate :) So

a) Happy un-birthday Jesus
2) Happy birthday Joseph
d) Happy half-birthday Jay
and
Merry Christmas to the rest of you :) May your season be full of pajamas, delicious food, and fun company.

PS even if you're Jewish or a Jehovah's Witness or anyone else that doesn't celebrate Christmas, I don't see why you couldn't also have a Merry December 25th. God Bless and eat up :D
PSS if you noticed the Christmas movie referenced in this post, and can name which one, you get a gold star at the top of your tree.

1 comment:

Brynley said...

Merry Christmas to you, too!