Wednesday, July 15, 2009

On His Way to Responsible Adulthood

Just wanted to quickly proclaim two baby milestones (mostly for me):

1) It's official. I suspected yesterday, but now I'm sure that The Frog understands "No". I'm so excited! Today he was going for the garbage can in the bathroom while I was busy washing my hands and when I said "No" he stopped his hand midway, looked at me (I gave him that "look" all mom's inherently know how to do) and he stopped going for it. Success!!

2) I might be setting myself up for disappointment, but tonight and last night, The Frog went to bed for the night without crying, AT ALL!! I put him in his bed and he just laid down, curled up into is usual ball and I left. Amazing! Now, there could be a confounding variable, which is this- last night I let him hang on to the tube of A&D his was gnawing on and tonight I let him bring my chap stick tube to bed. Not sure what it means, but perhaps he finds comfort in various plastic tubes?

No matter, this mom is ecstatic!

No comments: