Sunday, February 15, 2015

Kid Conversation

Hazel has perfectionist tendencies, which is mostly nice because she loves to help me sweep the floor and closes cupboard doors and drawers left open, but the other day when she cried for at least 10 minutes because she couldn't get the cupboard to close all the way (because the garbage was poking out a bit too far) and then when I moved the garbage, she noticed that it still remains about 1/8" open, boy was she mad.  It took me a long time to explain to her that the cupboards are just old and broken and that's just the way it is.  And she still cried.

Here's another kid convo that was sprung because of other siblings messing with our system of organization...
Hazel: (pointing at the offending pair of scissors mixed in with the crayons) Who did that?
Me: I don't know.
Hazel: Mom.  Who did that?
Me: I really don't know. I wish I did.
Hazel:  Jus tell me.  You can trus me.

No comments: