Monday, January 10, 2011

Update

I haven't been the best at posting lately (as you may have noticed). We finally have the use of our main floor now, although all our doors are gone (getting painted) which is a bit trying at times. We had a The-Frog-meets-furnace-incident which is luckily fixed now. (2 cold days and $75 later...) We were supposed to get our doors back last Friday, but have now been promised them tomorrow. I'm beginning to loathe that word (tomorrow) lately...

Anyway, Jay and I have been staying up late every night trying to get organized and somewhat clean. There is soooo much dust. EVERYWHERE. It's amazingly thick and noticeable in even the most discrete locations, but I guess this is good because my house will (hopefully) be really thoroughly clean in a few weeks time. This is forcing me to get down and scrub things I usually ignore. However, the things I normally clean regularly are really suffering. (shhh)

On top of this, The Frog has been pretty sick. He now only has a cough and runny nose, which is good, but I'm ready for him to be well so we can spend more time outside. Tomorrow is his last day of antibiotic! :)

For some reason, The Frog has detested sleeping more intensely than usual (my guess is it has something to do with his ear infection?) and so we've had to be a bit more lax about where he sleeps. I had the "brilliant" idea of setting up his little play tent and tube in his room so he could have a new form of indoor entertainment, and he has decided to put up camp there when he sleeps now. I come to find out that Jay was apparently very experimental in his choice of sleep locations until he was about 13. He mentioned to me his closet among others. How odd.

Peach is doing well. Though she's been a bit congested, she's holding up well and still being as cute as ever. I think she's ready to start eating solids, but I'm dreading it because nursing is just sooooo much easier. (and cleaner!) It's funny how wide Peach opens her mouth when any object approaches her face. She also should be wearing size 2 diapers now (as of about a week ago) but her cheap mom refuses to let her wear them during the day until ALL the size 1s are gone. We should finally exhaust them tomorrow :D Also, we tried her out in the exersaucer. She is really excited about it, but looks kind of like a bobbing buoy in it, so we try not to make her spend more than a couple of minutes at a time in there. She has also mastered the tummy-to-back-roll.

Another excuse for not posting is because I've been using my spare moments in the evenings to study Japanese, but I'll do a separate writing log to expound upon that.

I'm starting to think about our 10-year high school reunion for next year. I can't believe it's already been 9 years since I graduated from High School! I was a class officer, so I get the lucky task of planning it, so if any of you out there have any brilliant ideas, I'm all ears. I may try to recruit some of you fellow classmates to help, so watch out if you see my name on your CID in the next week or so :D

Did ballet for the first time this year at an attempt to start my exercise New Year's resolution. (I started a bit late because I've been sick too.) I admit after only 20 minutes, my legs felt like jello and I decided 20 would have to be enough or I may not be able to stand to make breakfast. It felt really good though :)

As you can see, a lot on my plate right now, but for some reason, I'm feeling very energized by it! I think the minor improvements on the house are helping me cope with the inconvenience, and new goals always get me feeling motivated.

Not much picture taking going on around here. I'll try to be better about that.

No comments: