Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Frog's 8th Month

Wow, I can hardly believe what the Frog has accomplished in the last month! Even the last week! It is so fascinating and amazing to see how much they progress so quickly! I've decided that he has officially said his first word and am very proud to say it is me :) He said mama awhile ago, but it wasn't clear to me whether or not he knew that it was a person. Now he says it when he comes to me and I've even noticed him look at me when Jay says "mama" or "mommy". I can't tell you how happy this makes me.

(take that dada ;D)

So now he's allowed to work on daddy. (Jay always joked that The Frog's first word would be "father")

Before I begin with all the photos, I just want to have a little disclaimer about all my posts today and all the pictures- they are not necessarily in chronological order.


The Frog is now a pro sippy-cup user. Look at that amazing form! Not pictured is his ability to also use a straw. (Which turns out to be easier, since no cup tipping is necessary)



The Frog is getting to be a very stable stander. My favorite is when he spreads his legs out really far like this.



Lately, I've been finding him under the kitchen table a lot, walking along the chairs. (and often finding a snack that I missed during my frequent sweeps)


I don't know what it is about Provo, but it seems like there are as many dollar stores here as there are Dunkin' Donuts in Providence, or Starbuck's in Seattle. One day, I just decided to go check one out and ended up leaving with a set of 5 whiffle balls for The Frog (they're perfect because he can stick his little fingers in the holes) and a new swimsuit.

Isn't it cute? Little did I know, we would be inheriting this much superior version from his East Coast Cousin.

Now all he needs is a surf board. And an ocean...



Now that the weather is beautiful, I've been trying to go walking every week-day and often by the end of my walk, I find The Frog in this very position. I've even tried making him lie back in a more comfortable position, but he always ends up back like this. Very strange.



I discovered a little park really close to our house and so I thought I would let The Frog try out their baby swings. Honestly, he seemed more interested in watching the other kids play, although he seemed to like it more when Jay holds The Frog in his lap.



The Frog's best friend came over today to play. It's so fun to watch them interact. Yes it's mostly just grabbing of body parts and climbing over one another, but it's still really fun. I'm excited for The Frog to have a sibling who is always around for him to play with.



This isn't anything particularly special, I just thought it was a very typical shot of a typical moment in his life. He is just so curious, always exploring... even if it is just a bunch of packages of baby wipes.

2 comments:

Keegan said...

I love the picture of the kids together. So funny. I especially like that you can't tell that they're subtly beating up on each other. But they look so chummy it doesn't matter.

Jay McCarthy said...

Blasphemy! Dunkin' Donuts! Not Duncan!