Thursday, December 17, 2009

PJs

I made my sister-in-law a pair of pajamas for Christmas this year (she's 7). I found this fabric at JoAnn's on sale and then I bought the top from Ross and added the embellishment. It went pretty quick! I just cut a circle around one snowman and one snow-woman ;D and added some beads to make them special. After using HEATnBOND to iron them to the shirt, I went around the egdes with a tight zig-zag, so they'll be more sturdy and hopefully won't fray. (I also used fray-check, just in case). I thought that was all I would do, but then reaized she wouldn't know which way to wear the pants unless I marked them in some way, so I just sewed on a bow to the front- a faux tie of sorts. I think they turned out really cute! I just hope they fit because I didn't use a pattern in her size- I kinda finagled one that I got for free that was an XL woman's pattern.

No comments: