Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

For Fathers' Day this year, I decided to try my hand at poaching eggs and hollandaise sauce, i.e. Egg's Benedict.

It was tricky, but it turned out okay and I'm excited to make it a yearly tradition. (Though, probably not much more frequently than that. It's more involved than I typically ask from breakfast.)
I forgot to use the camera all day and forgot to get a shot of my handsome husband ready for church, sporting a boutonniere of fresh garden flowers. (I made 3 to make sure at least ONE of them would turn out looking decent...)
We also had one of Jay's favorite dishes for dinner, and tapioca pudding for dessert.

Here's to the wonderful father of my children. I love you Jay :)

2 comments:

Mel said...

The picture of Jay and frog-man is soooo cute! Love it!

And I think you should make eggs benedict again and invite me over for it! It looked really tasty!

LRH said...

over the years I have developed a fear of tapioca. My mom claims I used to love it. Adore it. And now I shrink from it. I must have had a bad experience and now have a mental block!