Friday, April 22, 2011

Peach's Petticoat

Does anyone else get Zulily emails?  For the most part, I just assume most things are going to be out of my price range, despite the steep discounts, but finally something caught my eye.
I've been meaning to make Peach a petticoat ever since I saw a tutorial on it (was it makeit-loveit.com?) but never got around to it because you need SO much fabric that it's quite expensive, even to make yourself, not to mention a bit tedious and time intensive...  As much as I'd like to think it's not true, I'm very motivated by instant gratification.
This infant "pettiskirt" (as Adorabelle calls it) was half off and when I calculated the cost of making it myself, it was about the same (except, let's face it, free time is VERY valuable and hard to come by these days) so I went for it.
I think this is the first time I've blatantly played dress-up with my life-size paper-doll.  I'll be the first to admit, it probably won't be the last time.
(Doesn't Peach look like she's winking? :D) I also justified that it would be a fun Easter basket addition but let's face it, I was so excited to have Peach try it on when it came in the mail, it practically flew out of the package and onto her little onesied waist.  It couldn't wait that long!

No comments: