Monday, June 18, 2012

First Scrap Quilt!

I often think about quilting and how it's so ironic that I am willing to spend so much on fabulous fabrics when the concept of a quilt was originally invented for thriftiness- to use up old clothing that can no longer be worn.  I guess I just feel that if I'm going to be spending so much time on a project, I want to really love how it turns out, and that's never seemed like it could happen with my scraps in the past.  Well, I just had my 10-year High School reunion last Saturday and I volunteered to donate a baby quilt as a prize, after asking another Colt from my class if she would donate her MAD quilting skills.  (which I mostly planned, with the help of a committee.  Thank goodness it's over... this it the main reason for the blogging hiatus.)  We got together, and with our powers combined, we came up with enough scraps in our stashes to put together a baby quilt.  I was a bit nervous about how it would look, but I think putting the white border tied in the one fabric that I thought stuck out.  It actually turned out really cute, if I do say so myself!
 And look at how AWESOME the quilting looks!  Jo, you ROCK at this!
 She also made a cute patch with the quilt's "history", which I always forget to put on mine...

1 comment:

pollywog said...

Oh my it turned out just beautiful!!! I love the white border - it softens the freshness and punch of the bright blocks. I also really like the fabric you chose for the binding and backing. Too bad you don't live nearby - I have a ton of fabric I'd happily donate to your quilting projects :)