Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Swimming with Daddy

I got a wicked deal on Seven Peaks' "Pass of all Passes" and since both kids were still young enough to be free all summer, I thought we'd try it out and get a feel for Seven Peaks.  However, that's not the kind of place I want to bring my camera...

Today, it worked perfectly for Jay to take the kids swimming in the afternoon while I ran some errands and I thought to bring my camera so I could finally get some shots of them there.  However, I did only show up for the last 15 minutes or so (and thank GOODNESS, it was soooooooo HOT!) so I only got a couple.
Jay has really done a great job getting Peach to be more comfortable in the water. I took the kids alone a few times in June, and she wouldn't let me let go of her the whole time.
Daddy's much more fun in the pool than mommy.  He lets them knock him around. :)

Jay took the kids to the wave pool while I cooled down for a bit in the shade.  I was expecting them to be holding hands, jumping waves together in the shallow end...  I about had a heart attack when I saw how The Frog liked to swim ALONE in the deeper parts of the wave pool.  See that little head below?
That would be my not-yet-4-year old son.  I have horrific childhood memories of being in the wave pool by myself and feeling like I was going to drown from the commotion and those darn tubes clobbering me.
Sometimes he still does like to be held too :)

No comments: