Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quilts 2 and 3

I started working on a flannel lap quilt almost 2 years ago while visiting Jay's family. I made a lot of progress fairly quickly (considering I was in grad school at the time) but once we moved to my parents, concentrated on house shopping, bought a house, got moved in, and had a child, I hadn't been able to make time to finish it. Well, I FINALLY did!

And here's the crib quilt I made for The Frog while Jay's family was in town. (Notice a reoccurring theme? That's because Jay's mom is a machine-quilting expert.) I was trying to mimic the wall hanging in the nursery. They look really great together, if I do say so myself.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Love the lap quilt - what a lot of work! How's the quiet book coming?? :)

Keegan said...

Wow! I can't believe all the cute crafts you do and how great they turn out. These are so fun.

Elder and Sister D said...

WAY TO GO!! They're wonderful - I can't wait to see them up close and in person.

gma j

WalkConkies said...

Okay, I'm jelous you finished your project without me :) - it turned out amazing! I love the other quilt too! I finally remembered that I need to put your blog on my list and thought I'd see if I had it memorized - I did! Cute posts!

pollywog said...

Beautiful!