Saturday, May 15, 2010

Living Room Update

When we first moved in, 2 years ago (has it really been that long already?!) The former owners left a swag and throw pillows that matched their red/gold-swirl/crackle paint job above the fireplace. I had enough to worry about, moving into a house and owning no furniture and everything, so I left it. It didn't look bad. It was nice.

(Sorry about the mess. I'm surprised I took the picture like that...)
But I was having a really hard time finding chairs that would look good in here, for a price I was willing to pay. I finally found some chairs that I really liked, but when I got them here, they were a lot more orange than the picture. Still, I really like them and so I decided to finally make the room my own.
I used the stuffing from the old throw pillows and made some new (though I may change the one with the bow to have a slightly different look. Maybe more like this one)
I'm still not sure what to do with my looooong mantle. I'm thinking about some big bright flowers in the vases, but what to do with those candle sticks? Keep them? Paint them? Get rid of them? I'm not in any hurry, though, so whatever happens will probably happen accidentally. I'd love some ideas though :)

2 comments:

Angela Muir said...

the pillows are super cute and i love the blue paint!! i think i might put some more pictures up on the blue wall around your temple pic, just an idea. :)

taylor and laney said...

You need an oversized mirror...