Friday, August 16, 2013

Sun Oven Chronicles- Chicken Tikka Masala

Despite the semi-soggy broccoli that happened with the beef and broccoli in the sun oven, I decided to try it again, but this time cooking it resting on top of the rice.  I used the clear lid and I think it was not a good idea because look what happened to the broccoli after 1 hour in the sun:
Compare it to regular steamed broccoli (I couldn't bring myself to make the family eat the bleached out stuff)
left: bleached out, "sunned" broccoli, right: regular, microwave-steamed broccoli
And I just put the chicken with the sauce in the other pot and let it cook for an hour.  It wasn't as good as grilling the chicken and thickening the sauce in the pan, as the recipe says, but it was ok.  Just didn't have as much flavor, or something.

No comments: