Saturday, August 20, 2011

Domestic Goddessness

Here are two of my latest projects:
 Libby's Razzleberry pie.  It wasn't as great as I was hoping, but I learned a lot about making pie.  Jay is a total pie person, and I'm completely a cake person, but on our past trip to Mass to visit Jay's family, his mom may have single-handedly convinced me to perfect the art of the pie.  I have never had better crust in my life, than on her new favorite pie crust recipe from The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook

I also finally finished Peach's quilt!  It was supposed to be ready for Iris to use before she got here, but it took me a couple extra weeks to find time to finish the binding.  Luckily it's hot enough still that she probably won't actually need it on her bed for awhile.
My sister-in-law's mother so so SO generously offered to machine quilt it for me.  Doesn't it look amazing?!!

Thanks Iris for patiently holding it up until I could get the lighting good enough :)

2 comments:

pollywog said...

Oh as soon as I saw the quilt I wondered how you did the quilting. Does your sister-in-law's mom have one of those special long arm machines? All of it turned out just beautiful - fabric choices, layout, and quilting... Something that will last her as she grows.

MommaMcCarthy said...

my sister-in-law's mom's friend has one of those long arm machines :)

i have machine quilted all of my quilts thus far, but just on my regular sewing machine and i never really like how it turns out. this time i decided i wanted to love it and so i better delegate to someone more qualified :)