|I poke each potato about 8 times|
Sweet potatoes are soo delicious! And they have lots of vitamins that are lacking in regular potatoes. I found an AWESOME baby food website: Wholesome Baby Food that has a lot of information about all foods- what's good about them, whether it's worth it to buy organic or not, how to prepare them for baby food multiple ways... If this at all tickles your fancy, you should for sure check it out. Homemade Baby Food Recipes has a lot of additional things you can do with vegetables, besides straight purees.
Sweet Potato Baby Food:
1) Preheat oven to 400 F
2) Wash and poke holes in your sweet potatoes then wrap in foil.
3) Bake for about an hour, or until soft when you stick in a fork.
4) Let cool until you can handle them, or until you have time to deal with them.
6) Spoon into ice cube trays, wrap with plastic and stick in the freezer until you have time to deal with them again.
7) Pop them out and put in a labeled freezer bag for your convenience.