Tuesday, April 2, 2013

No Easter Pictures...

 Easter was soooo hectic this year!  I think it's just because we have church in the afternoons: 1-4pm, so I had to do things WAY in advance, without the advantage of nap time...  SO, despite me wanting to get at least family photo, it never really happened.  (which is fine, since Peach decided that instead of taking a nap before church, she would instead remove her diaper and wet the bed and her Easter dress...)  But I did manage to take a couple photos the day before.

I forgot to buy the Easter egg-dyeing tablets this year, so I decided to try my luck with vinegar and food coloring.  It worked pretty well, except for the purple...

 The Frog decided to dye one with allll the colors.  We consented that it looks a lot like a dinosaur egg.
We've also been having some days of beautiful picnic-worthy weather, and have done such on those days.  Believe it or not, last week was the first time I had taken Hazel outside and didn't hold her the whole time.  (mostly because we have had snow for so long!)
 After many many attempts at one decent shot with the three of them,  I kinda got one, dirty faces, messy hair, and all!
You may notice The Frog is wearing his swim suit top.  I cleaned the screens on the back of the house, which means I needed to use the hose, which means The Frog thought it must be warm enough to play in the hose water.  After going back and forth for quite some time about how I thought it was too cold to run through sprinklers and he (while changing into his swimsuit) assured me it wasn't, I consented to let him find out the hard way.  We turned on the hose w/ a sprinkler head attached and he never even ran through, sensing that it was going to be freezing upon approach.

kids...

That doesn't mean he couldn't play outside wearing his swimsuit all morning anyway, right?

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Hey-- your kids are adorable, messy faces, hair, and all. That's childhood right? I'm impressed with the Easter egg success and I love the Frog's dinosaur egg.